Please review below the Terms and Conditions for Judy Lynn Shields Paralegal Services.
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Judy Lynn Shields Paralegal Services.
Copyright © 2013, Judy Lynn Shields. All Rights Reserved.
The parties agree to the following statutory requirements, pursuant to California Business and Professions Code Section 6410:
1. Judy Lynn Shields is not a licensed attorney, cannot give legal advice, and may not perform the legal services that an attorney is allowed to perform. She is not allowed to engage in the practice of law.
2. Pursuant to California Business and Professions Code Section 6402.1, and in accordance with the local requirements of Los Angeles County, Judy Lynn Shields has submitted documentation to the Los Angeles County Recorder's office evidencing her education, legal work experience, and has attested to her lack of a criminal record. The County of Los Angeles has accepted her application and bond, but has not evaluated the quality of her services.
3. The client has the right to consult with an attorney for review of these terms and conditions, or any other documents that Judy Lynn Shields assists the client with preparing at his or her expense.
4. Alternatively, the client may obtain free or low cost representation through a local bar association or legal aid foundation.
5. The client may contact the appropriate local law enforcement agency, the District attorney's office, or a legal aid foundation, if the client believes her or she has been a victim of fraud, the unauthorized practice of law, or any other injury.
6. Cancellation of this agreement must be in writing, and sent within 24 hours of the receipt of the contract mailed by Judy Lynn Shields to the client. Cancellation of the contract must be mailed to the attention of Judy Lynn Shields, Legal Document Assistant, 1112 Montana Avenue, Suite 909, Santa Monica, CA 90403.
7. By placing an order by phone or through the Internet, the client affirms he or she has read these TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
8. Legal documents will be prepared by Judy Lynn Shields in conformance with the Court or government agency's procedural requirements. The Court or government agency will make its decision based on the evidence supplied to it, supported by the law. Judy Lynn Shields Paralegal Services is not liable if the decision made by the Court or government agency is unsatisfactory to the client, assuming all procedural requirements have been complied with.
9. The parties agree that Judy Lynn Shields reserves the right to charge additional fees for a rush, for documents that are complex, requiring Judy Lynn Shields to consult with a research attorney, and/or requiring fee based on-line research time with a vendor such as Westlaw or Lexis-Nexis. The parties agree that should the client wish to temporarily retain an attorney to review the documents drafted by Judy Lynn Shields, or to appear with them in court, that will be subject to a separate fee, and a separate contractual agreement to be entered into at a later time.
10. The parties agree that Judy Lynn Shields reserves the right to charge for travel time, and/or impose a fuel service charge to meet with a client outside of the City of Santa Monica.
11. The parties agree that Judy Lynn Shields reserves the right to charge extra for postage, courier services, and copying.
12. The parties agree that attorney fees shall be awarded to the prevailing party, in a court of law, for any disputes that cannot be resolved informally between the client and Judy Lynn Shields Paralegal Services.
13. By signing the contract, the client understands and agrees the Court or government agency may require additional information, documents, and/or supplemental statements from the client in order to make a decision. The client agrees to pay Judy Lynn Shields an additional fee for assistance in preparing any supplemental documents. The amount of this fee will be determined at the time such assistance is needed.